Whispr Group is a fast-growing insight partner with offices in New York, Stockholm and Oslo. We help 100+ companies such as McDonald’s, Spotify and Volkswagen understand their brand, products, consumers, competitors and campaigns, based on insights derived from digital media, research and big data. Our insights aim to increase sales, lower costs and improve customer satisfaction and we have an average Net Promoter Score of 9/10.
The company is currently undergoing a major transformation from a consultancy firm to a SaaS insights provider and we’re building an awesome data insights platform. The platform will be used internally for our analysts as well as externally for our clients. It will focus on efficient data processing and data visualization, transforming reactive data to proactive insights. The MVP is set to launch in January 2020.
Our new CTO started this summer and we’re now looking for a Senior Software Engineer, who will become a key player in the founding tech team with the opportunity to have a huge impact in the development of our new platform and the development of the company as a whole.
You will mainly be responsible for implementing features such as data transformations, data processing algorithms, and integrations with data providers, on top of our engine. There is room for creativity, allowing you to take ownership of features or improvements from concept all the way to the final production quality implementation. In addition to this, you will also help improve, optimize, and refine our engine and codebase. There will also be opportunities to work with machine learning, mathematical models, database optimizations, or other ideas of your own.
This is what we’re looking for:
- You are an excellent C programmer, or an excellent programmer who’s comfortable working in C.
- You have previous experience from a significant role in the development and maintenance of at least one major shipped piece of software.
- You have systems programming experience which means that you are an expert in manual memory management (arenas, allocators) and experienced as well as interested in cache-friendly code.
- You have experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, MSSQL, or other equivalent database.
- You are comfortable with front-end development to create data driven user interfaces.
- You enjoy working in smaller teams and taking more responsibility.
- You have an excellent understanding of English (reading, speaking, writing).
- You have at least five (5) years’ experience in building and maintaining non-trivial software systems.
- You are comfortable writing/reading Python code.
- You have experience with GPU programming, asynchronous I/O, SVG, WebGL, WebAssembly and/or distributed systems.
- You have experience with large (> 1TB) databases.
- You have a strong proficiency in math (statistics, linear algebra, calculus).
You will work full-time in our modern HQ on Södermalm, Stockholm. We support and challenge each other in order to provide disruptive, industry-leading service and innovative products. Whispr Group is offering a competitive compensation package with flexible hours, good work/life balance and other benefits. We value your output, not the time sitting at the desk.
If this sounds like something that suits you, don’t hesitate to apply!